Saturday, March 03, 2007

A disappointing affair....

Sometimes the anticipation of The Affair is the best part.....Friday night (or early Saturday morning) at Cafe Nine was not what I expected......perhaps it was me, up WAY past my bedtime, but instead of the Shangri Las with some edgy punk influence, I got uninspired, not-catchy-at-all STUFF..... and OUCH!!!! did the bass player just hit the lead singer in the head during one of his sweeping bass-guitar-guy moves? She's a trooper and carries right along. Hell of a high point, though.....I wanted to like them; my bad, I just didn't get it.

Liked the energy and humor of the first band, New Haven-based Tombstone Minds.....and they finished their very loud, but enjoyable set with Count Five's Psychotic Reaction .....I'm going to bed....

No comments: