Tuesday, November 29, 2005

ROXANNE......on second thought

Old prostitutes find work in rural Australia

CANBERRA (Reuters) - Prostitutes as old as 70 continue to work in rural Australia, pushed out of the cities due to strong competition from younger and more attractive sex workers, the author of a study said on Tuesday. Brothels are legal across most of Australia, but states have strict laws against soliciting and running brothels in residential areas, and near churches or schools. - complete story

Songs about prostitutes:
Elton John, "Island Girl"
AC/DC, "What Do You Do For Money Honey?"
Elton John, "Japanese Hands"
Elton John, "Sweet Painted Lady"
Digital Underground, "Good Thing We're Rappin'"
Janis Ian, "Pro Girl"
ZZ Top, "Mexican Blackbird"
Isaac Hayes, "Lady Of The Night"
Donna Summer, "Bad Girls"
Rick James, "P.I.M.P. The S.I.M.P.

1 comment:

Bored Housewife said...

I am taking a history of Rock n Roll class at the university of utah right now. And my last post started wtih "I am" and I was sorta thinking of the Diamond lyrics, even though I have terribly complex feelings about the man and his work. Remind me to link you in a couple of days...