Friday, November 04, 2005

Big Al Anderson

Here she comes in a hot pink pedal pusher
Bouffant hair from the Curl Up and Dye
Cat momma shades with the rhinestone customizing
Tell me I ain't one lucky guy

You may remember Al Anderson as the larger-than-life, shaggy lead singer of the legendary Wildweeds, whose "No Good to Cry" was the ridin' in my car song of the summer of '67 in these parts. Anderson then joined NRBQ as guitarist/songwriter from 1971 until leaving amicably in 1993 to pursue a Nashville songwriting career. I have just purchased two solo projects, Pay Before You Pump (1996) and After Hours (2004), which are dominating my CD listening time ever since they arrived.


Big Al Anderson official Website
Hartford Advocate retrospective article on The Wildweeds
NRBQ official website

No comments: