Sunday, April 24, 2005

Johnny K goes to the 2005 New Orlean Jazz & Heritage Festival


Image hosted by TinyPic.com
New Orleans Jazz Festival Poster 2005:
The Birth of Jazz by Bill Hemmerling.
After months of procrastinating, I have decided to go. JR has been urging me to go for awhile now, saying that I would REALLY appreciate the amount/quality/diversity of the music, both at the Festival itself and at the downtown clubs each evening (and into the early morning), but I've been reluctant to splurge on myself. The Reet, a rabid New Orleans promoter since her trip to the 2004 'Final Fur', has been pushing for me to go. So, when I won about $350 at a weekly Rotary card raffle (ten of spades), I rationalized that I wasn't spending 'family' cash. Immediately called TK, who graciously gave me some of his millions of air miles to use.

Follow Johnny K's jazzfestblog here...

Festival Website- Check out the lineup.
Grids for Nightime Entertainment

No comments: