Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Ten reasons not to go see The Hold Steady Thursday night at Arch Street Tavern...

  1. Who the hell are/is The Hold Steady?
  2. It's too late.  The show starts at nine, there are opening acts, the Yankees start at ten.
  3. Tickets are $18!!!!  I could buy some serious Subway shit with that.
  4. It's in Hartford.  Isn't there an 8:30 P.M. curfew in that city?  How would I find the Arch Street Tavern?
  5. I'd have to scout around for someone to go with.  Nevermind, no one would go anyway.
  6. I could always catch them NEXT time they come around to an intimate venue in the Insurance Capital of the World (is it still?).
  7. I'd miss The Situation Room, although I suppose I could tape it.
  8. Brooklyn band?  They are originally from Minneapolis, for Christ sakes, how good can they be?
  9. She was a damn good dancer, but she wasn't all that great of a girlfriend.
  10. Seriously, who are/is The Hold Steady?


No comments: