Wednesday, June 17, 2009

An exclusive Daily Nugget report from G-Man...

THE STRANGE BOYS CONCERT!!!
“Great show, man,” I said as I shook the Strange Boys bassist’s hand. He responded, “Thanks a lot”, and our conversation was almost as long as their set. I had to throw in “man” otherwise we wouldn’t have connected on such a real level. He understood so I walked away, he went back to talking to the two young females that shook his hand before I did. The Strange Boys were among many bands (Mika Miko, The Coathangers, others don’t remember) that played Saturday night (June 13) in Bed Stuy Brooklyn at The Market Hotel. They were by far the best band and played by far the shortest set. The Strange Boys, an Austin, Texas band (we think in their early-20s), are a recent find by the Kennedy family. I read about them in an interview with Patrick Carney, the Black Keys drummer. He said something to the effect of “they will kick your ass every time”… raced to their MySpace, ignored rent and ordered their debut CD, And Girls Club. I haven’t stopped listening for months straight. It’s the best music I have heard since first hearing The Black Keys and The White Stripes. I’m pretty excited. - complete concert review

No comments: