Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Farquahr cd info requested by Runaway Jim....

Runaway Jim, responding to a post of 5/10/07, asks:

I'm not sure how active this blog is still or how much you're still getting info on the Farquahr, but I emailed you and I emailed John Wood (his address no longer works, unfortunately) trying to find more info. I grew up in Branford and remember seeing them a few times at the Branford Festival. A good friend of mine lived down the street from Danny MacGowan, a nephew of the MacGowan's. I'm looking to find some of their music in a format other than vinyl (CD would be ideal). Is there any way to get a copy of anything anymore or is it all lost in music history?

Saw a post somewhere with the work "Farquahr" and immediately thought of the band. It brings back memories of my youth (though I'm not that old at 28). I used to hang out with a kid when i was about 12-13 who lived down the street from one of the MacGowan's nephews. We used to listen to tapes of the band. The only song that really sticks out in my mind went something like "Stick with the dogs, they're man's best friend. You'll always get a little action." Do you have any information about the band or where I might be able to find some recordings (preferably CD if they exist) or somewhere I might be able to find the info? I grew up in Branford, spending most of my life there, though I'm in Providence, RI now. I remember the band would play occasionally at the Branford Festival on the town green. I remember an Italian song they sang with a guy dressed up like an Italian chef. They were tons of fun. I think I actually lived down the street from where they stored/worked on their antique cars.

Jim

No comments: