Monday, August 06, 2007

Jesus, Dad, can't you take a joke!...

Per NME.com, Keith Richards did snort his father's ashes, he has confirmed. The Rolling Stones guitarist claimed earlier this year that he had consumed his deceased dad, prompting a storm of controversy in the global media. His publicist then claimed he had been misquoted. But Richards has now insisted it did happen, although he didn't mix the ashes with drugs, as first claimed. "The cocaine bit was rubbish. I said I chopped him up like cocaine, not with", the rock legend explained. "I pulled the lid off (my father's urn) and out comes a bit of dad on the dining room table. I'm going, 'I can't use the brush and dustpan for this'. "What I found out is that ingesting your ancestors is a very respectable way of...y'know, he went down a treat", said Keith. In a separate interview, Richards also revealed that he's quit taking cocaine after the head injury he sustained in Fuji last year, which prompted brain surgery. "Drugs I'm on now - the shit I've gotta take because of the brain job, Dilantin. Means you can't take cocaine anymore. Which is fine with me", he explained. "But now I can't do that anymore, so I don't do it no more. I still smoke like a fucking chimney."

No comments: