Thursday, June 28, 2007

Music Royalty Comes Together To Pay Tribute To Fats Domino On New CD: 'Goin' Home'...

Landmark recording to benefit Tipitina's Foundation mission of saving the musical culture of New Orleans; Vanguard Records to release double disc set on September 25th. The line-up includes (subject to change):

John Lennon -- Ain't That A Shame
Dr. John -- Don't Leave Me This Way·
Paul McCartney -- I Want to Walk You Home·
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers -- I'm Walkin'·
Elton John -- Blueberry Hill·
Randy Newman -- Blue Monday·
Dr. John -- Don't Leave Me This Way·
Toots and the Maytals -- Let the Four Winds Blow·
Olu Dara with Donald Harrison -- When I See You·
Lenny Kravitz with the Rebirth Brass Band, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Fred Wesley, Pee Wee Ellis and Maceo Parker -- Whole Lotta Lovin'·
Bonnie Raitt & John Cleary -- I'm in Love Again & All by Myself·
Robert Plant with the Lil' Band O' Gold -- It Keeps Rainin' ·
BB King with Ivan Neville's Dumpstaphunk -- Goin' Home ·
Taj Mahal with The New Orleans Social Club -- My Girl Josephine·
Art Neville -- Please Don't Leave Me ·
Willie Nelson -- I Hear You Knockin' ·
Irma Thomas and Marcia Ball -- I Just Can't Get New Orleans Off My Mind ·
Herbie Hancock with George Porter Jr., Zigaboo Modeliste and Renard Poche -- I'm Gonna Be A Wheel·
Corinne Bailey Rae -- One Night (Of Sin)·
Bruce Hornsby -- Don't Blame it on Me·
Lucinda Williams -- I Live My Life·
Preservation Hall Jazz Band with Walter Wolfman Washington and Theresa Andersson -- When The Saints Go Marching In·
Joss Stone, Buddy Guy and the Dirty Dozen Brass Band -- Every Night About This Time·
Marc Broussard featuring Sam Bush -- Rising Sun·
Allen Toussaint -- Go Fats Domino·
Ben Harper with the Skatalites -- Be My Guest·
Norah Jones -- My Blue Heaven· Soweto Gospel Choir & Robert Plant -- Valley of Tears·
Neil Young -- Walkin' to New Orleans

Article

No comments: