Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday night I crashed your party, Saturday I said I'm sorry, Sunday came and trashed me out again...

Sarah Borges, promoting a Rock & Blues Cruise Benefit for Club Passim, performs on Boston's Fox25 Morning News-here and NECN Good Morning Live-here. Sarah has rescheduled her cancelled September 16 Cafe Nine show to Saturday, December 9.

JohnnyK II back from a Boston Rancid concert. Rave review. Heard them endlessly (and loudly) through his high school years. G-Man started his rock 'n roll thesis using them:

“Echoes of reggae comin’ through my bedroom wall
havin’ party up next door but I’m sitting here all alone
two lovers in the bedroom and the other starts to shout
all I got is this blank stare and that don’t carry no clout at all”


The house shakes. Jonathan, up in his bedroom with the door closed, pounds his 36” Easton metal-bat electric guitar as he growls the lyrics with just the right inflections.

“Destination unknown, Ruby ruby ruby ruby soho!!!!!!!”

Congrats to Johnnyk and The Reet for 38 years of putting up with each other (much tougher on The Reet).

While waiting for the Yankees game to start at 10pm, I'm watching A Black & White Night with Roy Orbison and Friends recorded on September 30, 1987 at the Ambassador Hotel's Coconut Grove nightclub in Los Angeles. I've seen bits and pieces many times, but I'm always fascinated with the number of stars assembled for this thing - Springsteen, Elvis Costello, Tom Waits, Bonnie Raitt, k.d. lang, etc. And all his songs do that crescendo thing ('cept maybe Candy Man), but sound great! Gotta love that geek look too! Yep, got the CD in my collection.

No comments: