Monday, June 12, 2006

Those oldies but goodies remind me of you.....but I like them anyway

Bristol oldies guru Jim Kane is at it again - and he needs your help. The keeper of the oldies flame is compiling a new "hard-to-find" oldies collection:

Hi guys: I need your input! I am embarking into another CD project with some oldies rock n roll artists, and I need your input. All you have to do is ......SEND ME A LIST OF YOUR "5" FAVORITE GROUPS OF THE 50'S & 60'S. (YOU MAY ALSO INCLUDE FIVE SONGS FROM THESE GROUPS.) I'm not looking for big hit songs. I'm looking for songs you liked and would like to hear again. This request is going out all over the USA. We will take your requests and tabulate the numbers, and then we will produce a 4 cd set entitled "The songs that fell through the cracks!" There will be 110 songs of your favorite artists.

From this set - you will be able to purchase the set at "Wholesale", and then a questionaire will be sent to you in the set- asking for your ratings on each and every song. The top " 20 ' will be made into a single CD, and then sent to Great Britain, with the explanation that these were the top twenty songs (as chosen by oldies fans in the states). This will be distributed throughout the United Kingdom. You will also receive a copy of this cd, with our thanks. If the song was in the top ten of this era, we are not interested. If you can't think of any songs - then just send me the name of the groups. YOU will be joined in a process of choosing what will go into a cd project, which will be distributed all over the globe. Its just like "rate the record" on the old American bandstand with Dick Clark. It should be a lot of fun. So get out those oldies, and help us with this rock n roll project.!

Jim - (Email Jim or post here as comments and I will forward them to him.)

Some Johnnyk offerings:
  • Wildweeds And When She Smiles/No Good To Cry
  • Bruce Channel Hey, Baby!
  • Troy Shondell This Time
  • Bobby Freeman Do You Wanna Dance
  • Etta James At Last

    UPDATE FROM JIM KANE
    Wow! I had no idea just how many oldies fans are out there. There were 10 of us who sent out emails to every state in the USA about this new project. It has been less than a day and combined we received over 2300 emails. I had to clean out my computer twice today. No complaints - keep em coming. Remember the concept - your 5 favorite groups (include 5 songs if you wish also). Top ten hits will not be considered. We are looking for the great songs which slipped through the cracks. If you like a song, tell us about it. We will record 110 songs that you request. I'm happy that I don't have to pick them. If you are receiving this email - this is your music. Joey Dee once told me something about our generation -..."Be proud of this fact - You started rock n roll!" We will accept your nominations for the next 7 days. Then the counting and choices will begin. Thanks for this great response. Jim
  • No comments: