Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Eileen Rose.....

Received an email asking me to check out Boston-based Eileen Rose. Her myspace.com site has some cuts to sample, sooooo I did. I liked what I heard, especially New Penny, which had a Velvet Underground feel.

Time Magazine says "....Like Lucinda Williams but with softer edges, Rose fuses country, honky-tonk and smoldering pop into something all her own. She has one of those rough, been-through-a-lot kind of voices, but she's careful not to overplay it." Is EVERYONE like Lucinda????? By the way, where the hell ARE you, Lucinda???

Great quote (unidentified) on myspace: "Like Neko Case in bed with Neil Young &Tom Waits." Well, good names to throw around. Eileen Rose appears at Johnny D's in Somerville on Friday, June 9. (Alas, I missed her appearance at Cafe Nine on March 9).

No comments: