Monday, January 24, 2005

From Jim Kane, Bristol's oldies guru (now living in FL)

Hi Guys:

As most of you know, there will be a party at the end of June in Bristol. We have been asked to have music at the party for dancing or just singing along (I hope its only for dancing). So I will ask for your imput.

I am going to record music for the party, from the era from 1955-1964. I would ask you to send me "10" of your favorite songs from that era. I will try to record as many of your favorites as possible. Since they will be played at the party, and since you will be there, you might as well hear something you like. I have a collection of over 3000 45s - so there is a pretty good chance your favorites will be there. Any song request before 1955 or after 1964 will be omitted. Since many of you are going to endure a snowstorm, this is a chance to pull out the old records and pick out your favorites.

Now you don't have to do this, but be prepared to listen to other peoples favorites. Try! to get the songs you heard at the Boys Club dances. Have fun !!! Jim EMAIL

johnnyk pics:
  • At Last by Etta James
  • She's Sixteen, She's Beautiful and She's Mine by Johnny Burnette
  • Please Mr. Postman by the Marvelettes
  • Palisades Park by Freddie (Boom Boom) Cannon
  • The Wanderer by Dion
  • School Days by Chuck Berry
  • Shop Around by the Miracles
  • Chain Gang by Sam Cooke
  • I Get Around by the Beach Boys
  • Long Tall Sally by Little Richard

  • No comments: